Citrus Scallop Salad
With scallops, pears and citrus fruits, this deliciously different salad is an outstanding first course. It also makes a great luncheon salad.Sarah Geary, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 jar (24 ounces) refrigerated citrus salad
- 2 medium red pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Divide salad greens among eight plates. Drain citrus salad, reserving
- syrup. Arrange citrus fruit on salads. In a small bowl, combine pear
- slices and reserved syrup. Using a slotted spoon, remove pears and
- arrange on salads. Discard syrup.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Roll scallops in flour. In a large
- skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook
- for 2 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Top each salad with scallops. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 salad equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.