- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 jar (24 ounces) refrigerated citrus salad
- 2 medium red pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Divide salad greens among eight plates. Drain citrus salad, reserving syrup. Arrange citrus fruit on salads. In a small bowl, combine pear slices and reserved syrup. Using a slotted spoon, remove pears and arrange on salads. Discard syrup.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Roll scallops in flour. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque. Top each salad with scallops. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Citrus Scallop Salad
"YUMM - I made my own balsamic vinaigrette from a Food Network recipe. Rather stronger than Kraft is, so could have done with less, but still really good. My 19 year old daughter raved and advised me that I have to add this recipe to her "leaving home cookbook"."
"So good! Would be great with chicken or shrimp - or no meat at all!"
"i believe that you buy it in the produce isle, next to the salad mixes and refrigerated dressing"
"Citrus salad is just what it says, orange, grapefruit, and mandarin orange segments in a light syrup"