With scallops, pears and citrus fruits, this deliciously different salad is an outstanding first course. It also makes a great luncheon salad.—Sarah Geary, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 jar (24 ounces) refrigerated citrus salad
- 2 medium red pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Divide salad greens among eight plates. Drain citrus salad, reserving syrup. Arrange citrus fruit on salads. In a small bowl, combine pear slices and reserved syrup. Using a slotted spoon, remove pears and arrange on salads. Discard syrup.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Roll scallops in flour. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque. Top each salad with scallops. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Scallop Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p11
Reviews for Citrus Scallop Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review