Citrus Salad Recipe
My mom always made this salad for Christmas dinner, so it's been a family favorite for many years. I teach special education at the high school level and often incorporate cooking into my lessons. Whenever we make this recipe at school, it's always a hit with the students.
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh orange pieces
- 1 cup fresh tangerine pieces or 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruit sour cream, marshmallows and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. If desired, serve in a lettuce-lined bowl or on individual lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC