My mom always made this salad for Christmas dinner, so it's been a family favorite for many years. I teach special education at the high school level and often incorporate cooking into my lessons. Whenever we make this recipe at school, it's always a hit with the students.
Featured In: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh orange pieces
- 1 cup fresh tangerine pieces or 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit sour cream, marshmallows and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. If desired, serve in a lettuce-lined bowl or on individual lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Salad in Country October/November 1993, p51
Reviews for Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2008
"Ooh, this is so good that my family members have been known to fight over the last morsel left in the bowl. I often double the recipe and once I even tripled it. It always turns out great."