Citrus-Rosemary Rubbed Turkey
While recovering from hip surgery, I wrote my family for some of their favorite recipes to compile into a cookbook. This seasoned turkey is timeless. —Della Stamp, Long Beach, California
13-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh or dried orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh or dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place turkey,
- breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry. Brush with
- oil; rub rosemary mixture over turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and
- let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 13-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 493 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 63 g protein.