While recovering from hip surgery, I wrote my family for some of their favorite recipes to compile into a cookbook. This seasoned turkey is timeless. —Della Stamp, Long Beach, California
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh or dried orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh or dried lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry. Brush with oil; rub rosemary mixture over turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Yield: 13-15 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Rosemary Rubbed Turkey in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p116
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Citrus-Rosemary Rubbed Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review