- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small pink grapefruit, cut into wedges
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 fresh marjoram sprigs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper inside cavity; fill with onion and grapefruit wedges.
- With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of chicken breast. Place rosemary and marjoram sprigs under the skin. Brush chicken with oil; rub with reserved herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes. Discard herb sprigs and contents of cavity before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Rosemary Roasted Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p164
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus-Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review