Citrus Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 233 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Citrus Rice
"I really liked how easy this rice was to make and how flavorful this dish was."