Rice is favored in my family so I make this pleasant, citrus side dish often.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice
- is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 233 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.