Citrus Rice Pilaf Recipe
Food doesn't have to be made from scratch to have great homemade flavor. Here packaged rice mix gets added flair from crunchy snow peas and water chestnuts.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in water and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in peas, water chestnuts, marmalade and pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 284 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 767 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC