- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, orange peel and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream and 1/2 cup butter; stir into dry ingredients until a thick batter forms. Gently stir in pecans.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon berries onto bottom halves. Top with whipped cream if desired; replace biscuit tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Raspberry Shortcakes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p11
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Citrus Raspberry Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review