Our grandchildren often ask me to prepare this stir-fry when they come to visit, so I keep the recipe close at hand. I'm happy to serve them this healthy meal.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. x 1/2-in. x 2-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine cumin, pepper and salt if desired. Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork and garlic over medium heat until pork is browned. In a bowl, combine broth, orange juice, vinegar and brown sugar; mix well. Add carrots and 1-1/2 cups of the broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth mixture until smooth; add to skillet, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add green onions; cook for 1 minute. Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Pork Skillet in Country Pork 1996
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Citrus Pork Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review