Citrus Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 medium grapefruit
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (5 pounds), trimmed
- 1. Cut fruit in half; squeeze to remove juice, reserving rinds. In a small bowl, combine the fruit juices, oil, rosemary, salt if desired and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag. Make shallow cuts in top of roast. Place roast in bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain marinade from meat. Place roast in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, slice fruit rinds into 1/4-in. strips; arrange around roast. Bake 40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Arrange pork slices on a platter; drizzle with 1/4 cup of pan juices. Yield: 18 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 3 lean meat; also, 209 calories, 63 mg sodium, 75 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 10 gm fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.