Citrus Pork Roast Recipe
Wonderful herb and citrus flavors are light and delicious additions to a traditional pork roast. Guests often comment that this roast looks almost too good to eat.
- 2 medium grapefruit
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (5 pounds), trimmed
- Cut fruit in half; squeeze to remove juice, reserving rinds. In a small bowl, combine the fruit juices, oil, rosemary, salt if desired and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag. Make shallow cuts in top of roast. Place roast in bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from meat. Place roast in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice fruit rinds into 1/4-in. strips; arrange around roast. Bake 40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Arrange pork slices on a platter; drizzle with 1/4 cup of pan juices. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Pork Roast in Country Pork 1996, p80
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Citrus Pork Roast(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >