- 2 medium grapefruit
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (5 pounds), trimmed
- Cut fruit in half; squeeze to remove juice, reserving rinds. In a small bowl, combine the fruit juices, oil, rosemary, salt if desired and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag. Make shallow cuts in top of roast. Place roast in bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from meat. Place roast in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice fruit rinds into 1/4-in. strips; arrange around roast. Bake 40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Arrange pork slices on a platter; drizzle with 1/4 cup of pan juices. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Pork Roast in Country Pork 1996, p80
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Citrus Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2013
"We all enjoyed the citrus flavour with a hint of garlic"