Citrus Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In the same skillet, cook garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the orange juice concentrate, broth and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Pour 1/4 cup sauce over pork. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting twice with sauce.
- 4. Bring the remaining sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve pork chops with sauce and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 cup rice equals 369 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.