- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut or chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix milk and vinegar; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk mixture and egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins, coconut and grated orange and lemon peels. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring juices and remaining sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove cake from oven; place on a wire rack. Poke holes in warm cake with a skewer or chopstick. Pour sugar mixture evenly over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Poke Cake in Holiday 13x9 2016
Reviews for Citrus Poke Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review