- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Carrot curls, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount into the eggs. Return all to saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Refrigerate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, pineapple and marshmallows. Add dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with carrot curls if desired. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Pineapple Coleslaw in Country Woman September/October 2000, p33
Reviews for Citrus Pineapple Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2014
"Worst salad I ever tasted."
Reviewed May. 28, 2009
"So delicious, I make it for most holiday dinners. Worth the extra time it takes to make."