Citrus Orange Roughy
"I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe sent in by a total 'non-fish' person," writes Janet Escovitz of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "I love this baked orange roughy with crumb topping...and I love to serve it, too—to rave reviews! It's also quick and ultra-easy to prepare."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. In another shallow
- bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, butter, oil and lemon
- juice. Dip the fillets into orange juice mixture, then coat with
- crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 244 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 996 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a