"I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe sent in by a total 'non-fish' person," writes Janet Escovitz of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "I love this baked orange roughy with crumb topping...and I love to serve it, too—to rave reviews! It's also quick and ultra-easy to prepare."
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt. In another shallow bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, butter, oil and lemon juice. Dip the fillets into orange juice mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review