- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon each almond, rum and vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts, lemon peel and orange peel.
- Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, shape each half into an 11-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes on each side. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Citrus Nut Biscotti in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p63
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Nut Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >