- 3 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chervil or 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 orange slices
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 onion slices
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, grind mustard seed to a powder; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in oil, chervil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Rub over outside and inside of chicken; place on a large plate. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Loosely stuff chicken with orange, lemon, onion and parsley. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together.
- Roast 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Mustard Roasted Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus-Mustard Roasted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review