Citrus Mini Cakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toasted chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill well-greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and juices until smooth. Cool cakes for 2 minutes; remove from pans. Immediately dip cakes into glaze, coating well. Place top down on wire racks; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Mini Cakes
Sort By :
These are very good and simple to make. Tastes like donuts if you let them sit for a day. I made them for a wedding and they went so fast. I make them every year for Christmas. I do not sprinkle them with almonds.
these are so good, and easy. no one can eat just one.. have made them many times.
I absolutely loved these mini cakes! They were like mini glazed donuts. I am already thinking of varieties other than citrus. These are remarkably a favorite!
simple to make. need to eat after glaze is dry not moist because the next day we ate were very delicious.