Citrus Mini Cakes
These moist, bite-size muffins from Linda Terrell of Palatka, Florida are melt-in-your-mouth good. "With their appealing look, they really dress up a party table," she notes. The recipe makes a big batch, so there's plenty to please a crowd.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toasted chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on
- low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill well-greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and juices
- until smooth. Cool cakes for 2 minutes; remove from pans.
- Immediately dip cakes into glaze, coating well. Place top down on
- wire racks; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 131 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.