Citrus Mini Cakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toasted chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill well-greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and juices until smooth. Cool cakes for 2 minutes; remove from pans. Immediately dip cakes into glaze, coating well. Place top down on wire racks; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Citrus Mini Cakes
Sort By :
"These are very good and simple to make. Tastes like donuts if you let them sit for a day. I made them for a wedding and they went so fast. I make them every year for Christmas. I do not sprinkle them with almonds."
"these are so good, and easy. no one can eat just one.. have made them many times."
"I absolutely loved these mini cakes! They were like mini glazed donuts. I am already thinking of varieties other than citrus. These are remarkably a favorite!"
"simple to make. need to eat after glaze is dry not moist because the next day we ate were very delicious."