This refreshing dish can be made with many different kinds of fruit, writes Pat Hancock from Hawthorne, New Jersey. My mom used to make this all the time during the summer.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups diced cantaloupe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process 1-2 minutes
- or until smooth. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze
- 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm; stir.
- Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to
- a blender; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 196 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.