This refreshing dish can be made with many different kinds of fruit, writes Pat Hancock from Hawthorne, New Jersey. My mom used to make this all the time during the summer.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups diced cantaloupe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process 1-2 minutes
- or until smooth. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze
- 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm; stir.
- Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to
- a blender; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 196 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now