Citrus Melon Sorbet
I serve this refreshing dish between courses or as a delicious dessert. When I was young, my mom used to make this in the summer.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and orange and lime juices to a
- boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the honeydew in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime and
- lemon peels. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until
- edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 3 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 197 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.