Citrus Melon Mingle Recipe
This refreshing fruit salad was shared by Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina. A hint of mint, honey and ginger adds subtle flavor to the sweet combination of melons, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple and bananas.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing lightly. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Melon Mingle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC