This refreshing fruit salad was shared by Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina. A hint of mint, honey and ginger adds subtle flavor to the sweet combination of melons, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple and bananas.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing lightly. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Melon Mingle in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p18
Reviews for Citrus Melon Mingle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review