This juicy, zesty chicken stars in many of my family’s summer meals. While there are a million ways to dress up poultry, you’ll find yourself turning to this recipe again and again. It’s that quick and easy!
—Deborah Gretzinger, Green Bay, WI
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large resealable plastic
- bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at
- least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 195 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford