Citrus Iced Tea
I catered for 5 years, and this was by far my most-requested beverage recipe. Fresh citrus juice makes it special. It's a refreshing change from ordinary iced tea.—Marcia Porch, Winter Park, Florida
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 quarts water
- 8 whole cloves
- 10 individual tea bags
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- Juice of 7 lemons
- Juice of 6 oranges
- Ice cubes
- In a large kettle, bring water and cloves to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the tea
- bags. Steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and cloves. Stir in
- sugar and juices. Serve over ice. Yield: 24 (3/4 cup) servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.