- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, orange peel, salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss chicken with orange juice. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere; place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spritz tops with cooking spray until crumbs appear moistened. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until blended. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus-Honey Chicken
"My family really liked this recipe. The sauce is a good compliment, I was afraid it'd taste too much like honey, but not at all. quick and easy to make. I'll be making this one again soon."
"We both loved these! My husband must have mentioned their great flavor at least three times as he was eating. The sauce is a perfect accompaniment. I used panko because they were the first bread crumbs that came to hand, but I'll probably try regular ones the next time. A definite keeper."