Citrus Grilled Turkey Cutlets
Janice Mentzer, of Sharpsburg, Maryland says, “My family enjoys this turkey recipe year-round, but it’s especially nice in the summer as an alternative to grilled chicken. Add a green salad, grilled onions and peppers, plus some crusty bread for a great dinner.”
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons each lemon, lime and orange juices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the juices, cilantro, oil,
- honey, garlic and seasonings; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil,
- using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: about 4 ounces cooked turkey equals 160 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.