Citrus Grilled Turkey Breast Recipe
Instead of the usual outdoor barbecue, treat your guests to a sit-down dinner featuring this delicious grilled entree with a luscious herb and citrus gravy. I comes from our Test Kitchen.
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Using fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, basil, butter, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Spread under turkey skin; arrange lemon and orange slices over herb mixture. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 3. Place turkey over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the orange juice, orange peel, lemon peel, pepper and pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard the skin, lemon and orange slices from turkey breast. Remove herb mixture from turkey; stir into gravy. Slice turkey and serve with gravy. Yield: 10-12 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 203 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Citrus Grilled Turkey Breast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC