I grow my own oranges, so I wanted to try a main dish recipe where the citrus flavor really comes through. It's definitely one of our favorite recipes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon reserved marinade over salmon. Grill or broil 10-15 minutes longer or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Grilled Salmon in Country April/May 2002, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Grilled Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review