Citrus-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, orange juice, mustard, soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium-high heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add marmalade mixture to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.