Citrus-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, orange juice, mustard, soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides over medium-high heat; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add marmalade mixture to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Citrus-Glazed Pork Chops
"I followed MapleDrive's advice and this turned out great!"
"I doubled the sauce as someone suggested, and added 1-2 Tablespoons of freshly grated ginger to the sauce. Also I covered the pan after browning the chops and used a little sesame oil for flavor. I might cube the pork before cooking next time. Excellent dish - quite sweet but I like that. Served with white rice and baked sweet potato."
"My husband and I liked this. Will make again."
"It was really wonderful! Leftovers taste just as delicious as the night you make it. I would suggest making a extra glaze so that you have it for the leftovers. And I would bet that this glaze would also be fantastic on chicken. Very easy recipe."
"Orange-Glazed Pork Chops Very good my son who is picky loves them and my husband grill the pork chops and uses the glaze to baste the pork chops with very tasty this way."
"I've used this recipe four times, my husband and I love it."
"Very tasty and simple to prepare!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.