What could be sweeter, simpler and more perfect for alfresco dining than grilled fresh seasonal fruit? —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime or orange juice
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup each fresh peach, apricot, plum and nectarine wedges
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced ripe banana
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled mango
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint and ginger; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, lime juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the fruit; brush with half of the glaze. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Serve warm with yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Glazed Fruit Kabobs in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p16
Reviews for Citrus-Glazed Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review