I don't make very many main dishes with fruit in them, but my two children and I love this recipe. The chicken's very tender and the sauce is absolutely wonderful.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pound the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into citrus mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil for about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken. In the same skillet, cook garlic, onions and ginger in butter for 1 minute. Add flour and salt; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with parsley. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Glazed Chicken in Country Extra July 1996, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Citrus Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review