Citrus-Ginger Tuna Steaks
Now that I am retired, I have lots of time to plan, experiment and prepare meals...but this tuna, with its well-seasoned marinade, takes only a few minutes to make."
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tuna steak (8 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade
- into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna,
- uncovered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.