Now that I am retired, I have lots of time to plan, experiment and prepare meals...but this tuna, with its well-seasoned marinade, takes only a few minutes to make."
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tuna steak (8 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Citrus-Ginger Tuna Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus-Ginger Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review