The bright orange color of this cream soup give festive start to a holiday meal. The carrot, ginger and orange juice blend together to deliver a lovely flavored soup.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the carrots, ginger and pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, orange juice and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Ginger-Carrot Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p85
Reviews for Citrus Ginger-Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review