Citrus Garlic Shrimp
Garlic is paired with sunny citrus in this special shrimp and linguine combination. "This is one of my husband's favorites," shares Diane Jackson of Las Vegas, Nevada. "And it's pretty enough for company," she adds.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- blender, combine the next eight ingredients; cover and process until
- blended. Pour into a large skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat, stir
- in the shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and
- parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 504 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.