Garlic is paired with sunny citrus in this special shrimp and linguine combination. "This is one of my husband's favorites," shares Diane Jackson of Las Vegas, Nevada. "And it's pretty enough for company," she adds.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the next eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat, stir in the shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Garlic Shrimp in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Garlic Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review