- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the next eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat, stir in the shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Garlic Shrimp
"WOW! That's really all i can say is WOW! I just made this just like directions, it is amazing. I will definitly make this again and again and again. Great job, Thank you so much for sharing this recipe."
"This recipe was fabulous, but I made it a little differently. 1st, you can't marinade the shrimp for very long because it will "cook" in the acid from the lemon and orange (like cerviche) Instead, I tossed the shrimp in just a bit of the sauce and left it for a few minutes. Then I put this in a saute pan over medium heat & sprayed with "Pam". The rest of the sauce was put in a separate pot and heated over medium heat, adding the laughing cow swiss cheese (three pieces) and some goat cheese (didn't have feta). As the shrimp cooks down in the frying pan, over medium heat, it sort of "crusts". I served the sauce on the side, and served it with dirty rice. This was our new years eve dinner and it was probably one of the best I ever had!"
"We really like this recipe. It was fairly quick and the citrus really added a wonderful flavor to the pasta and the shrimp. I added broccoli florets at the same time that I added the pasta to the sauce and it was really good too. Very flavorful!"
"I made this tonight, WOW! Such a simple and quick recipe, but full of flavor. The orange and lemon came together as a bright new citrus flavor, but wasn't overpowering. The garlic made its presence known, but it was balanced by the olive oil and pasta. This is definitely a keeper recipe. Easy for a weeknight, but is fancy enough for company."
"I made this for my husbands birthday dinner. He said it was the best dinner I've ever made! And I've made a lot of dinners... Any ways, it was a huge hit. I'll definitely be making this again. A few small changes, I added a couple of those little laughing cow swiss cheeses and a handful of feta into the sauce. Also I topped with a few slices of avocado."