- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the next eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat, stir in the shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Citrus Garlic Shrimp
Sort By :
We really like this recipe. It was fairly quick and the citrus really added a wonderful flavor to the pasta and the shrimp. I added broccoli florets at the same time that I added the pasta to the sauce and it was really good too. Very flavorful!
I made this tonight, WOW! Such a simple and quick recipe, but full of flavor. The orange and lemon came together as a bright new citrus flavor, but wasn't overpowering. The garlic made its presence known, but it was balanced by the olive oil and pasta. This is definitely a keeper recipe. Easy for a weeknight, but is fancy enough for company.
I made this for my husbands birthday dinner. He said it was the best dinner I've ever made! And I've made a lot of dinners... Any ways, it was a huge hit. I'll definitely be making this again. A few small changes, I added a couple of those little laughing cow swiss cheeses and a handful of feta into the sauce. Also I topped with a few slices of avocado.