MY HUSBAND'S Aunt Marilyn gave me this recipe years ago. I have tasted a lot of fruit dips, but this is the best, especially when all the fresh summer fruit is available. I also have doubled the recipe and used it as a delicious filling between lemon or orange cake layers. -Jane Mason, Galesburg, Illinois
Featured In: Favorite Melon Recipes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in egg and juices. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, fold in whipped topping. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Dip in Reminisce Extra August 2000, p45
Reviews for Citrus Fruit Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2010
"I am sure that this is a good recipe but I there is some less time consuming.Mix Together the following1 pkg. Dream Whip1/2 c. milk8 oz. cream cheese, softened1 sm. jar marshmallow fluffIn mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Make Dream Whip with 1/2 cup milk according to package directions. Mix two together.Add jar of fluff and mix all thoroughly. Serve with slices of fruit to dip. You can also and any of the juices listed in the recipe if you like to add some favor but why when each fruit has it's own."
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
"Easy and light. My friends loved it wanted the recipe at the office party,, My grandkids love it too."