MY HUSBAND'S Aunt Marilyn gave me this recipe years ago. I have tasted a lot of fruit dips, but this is the best, especially when all the fresh summer fruit is available. I also have doubled the recipe and used it as a delicious filling between lemon or orange cake layers. -Jane Mason, Galesburg, Illinois
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in egg and juices. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, fold in whipped topping. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Dip in Reminisce Extra August 2000, p45
Reviews for Citrus Fruit Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review