This light and refreshing fondue is just right for warmer weather. It's the perfect way to showcase the naturally great flavor of fruit.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fresh fruit
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- butter, lemon and orange juice and peel and ginger; cook until the
- butter is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with
- fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 92 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.