Citrus Flank Steak
A sunny marinade fabulously flavors flank steak. Round out the meal with wild rice and a salad.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Score surface of steak with 1/4-in.-deep diagonal cuts, making
- diamond shapes. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the
- remaining ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly
- slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now