Citrus Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and cut in half
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut or cod, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, 1 tablespoon lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Place fish in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining orange juice concentrate, lime juice and taco seasoning. Pour over fish; toss gently to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Place a spoonful of the fish mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and pineapple salsa; roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 411 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.