Citrus Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and cut in half
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning, divided
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut or cod, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, 1 tablespoon lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place fish in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining orange juice concentrate, lime juice and taco seasoning. Pour over fish; toss gently to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 12-16 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place a spoonful of the fish mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with lettuce and pineapple salsa; roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Fish Tacos in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Citrus Fish Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2011
"This was pretty good. I added fresh chopped cilantro to the pineapple salsa."