Citrus Fish for Two
One of my friends on the tasteofhome.com forums shared the basis for this easy recipe of delicately flavored fish, and I made some adjustments. The bonus? Cleanup is an absolute breeze.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound haddock, cod or halibut fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on foil; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Top with onion, parsley, and lemon and orange peel. Drizzle
- with oil. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil
- together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked fish equals 209 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.