Citrus Fennel Salad Recipe
I guarantee guests will love the taste of this unique salad. The pleasant orange flavor pairs well with tender pieces of fennel. —Marion Karlin, Waterloo, Iowa
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- Leaf lettuce
- 1. Remove fronds from fennel bulbs; set aside for garnish. Cut bulbs into thin slices. In a large skillet, saute fennel slices in oil and butter until crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the juices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until fennel is tender.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in orange segments. Serve over lettuce leaves; garnish with reserved fennel fronds. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 89 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Citrus Fennel Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC